3rd IINTERNATIONAL BURSA PHOTOGRAPHY FESTIVAL
SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE MODEL BOOK CONTEST
This agreement defines the rules for the Model Book Contest held as part of the International Bursa Photography Festival.
Who can join?
The competition is open to all amateur and professional participants. Only members of the selection committee and first-degree relatives are not eligible.
In the competition, the print ready model books produced by the participants will compete.
1. Each participant can apply only once and applications can only be for one book.
2. Projects competing in the competition should be the printing press models of the book belonging to a particular photo project, text, photographs, and necessary illustrations. Evaluations will be made on the model book and no other data will be taken into consideration.
3. Model books that are applied with, no matter what shape they are in, must not have been previously mass printed.
4. Although there are no limitations for the size, page numbers or such criteria are defined, if the model book owner wins, they are expected to have completed all the necessary meetings and negotiations to allow the printing of the model book within the 3 months following the festival.
5. The deadline for the delivery of books for the festival is 5 October 2013. Books that are not delivered until that date will not be evaluated.
6. Applied to books will be displayed at the FotoFest bookstore for the photo enthusiasts to see as well.
7. The jury convenes on 8 October 2013 and determines the winning work, and the author of the winning work will be announced and presented a 1st place plaque at the closing ceremony of the festival by the display of a pdf copy of his work.
8. On printed copy of the winning work, on the cover and inside title page “Bursa FotoFest 2013 Model Book Award” phrase must be included. 50 copies of the published work will be sent Bursa City Council for promotional purposes.
9. All the works that did not win will be returned to their respective owners returned at an address set by the owner.
10. For the competition, the application form located at the www.bursaphotofest.org must be completed.
Registration Fee: No participation fee for the contest will be charged.
Contest prize is TL 10,000.00 (ten thousand Turkish Liras).
This award is paid to the participant or his printing / publishing company with receipts/invoices
within 3 months following the announcement of results.
The competition schedule:
Contest Application Deadline October 5, 2013
Selection Committee Meeting: October 8, 2013
Announcement of the results and awards ceremony: 10 October 2013
Bookstore exhibition: 5 – 10 October 2013
Members of the Selection Committee:
Members of the selection committee consists of guest artists who are recognized for national and international experience in printing and publishing and are announced one week prior to the competition.
Contest Secretariat and contact info:
Murat BASLAR – Meral KURU (Bursa City Council)
Merinos Atatürk Congress and Culture Center, F Entrance, Ulubatlı Hasan Boulevard, 16200
Osmangazi / BURSA / TURKEY
Tel: 0224 270 82 70-71 Fax: 0224 270 82 78
CLICK TO APPLICAION OF CONTEST
This post is also available in: Turkish